Sunday, April 29, 2012

Life is a Question of Perspective

The Pretty Bit of Our Garden
Life is a funny thing.

When I'm planting flowers and digging out the weeds in our garden, I feel like we're working on a huge strip of earth and that we're creating something so beautiful and important... and we are.

However, when I climb up the stairs of the house and look out the window, I realise that our flower patch is just part of a much bigger and messier picture.

The really funny thing? As long as we can keep planting and looking after those flowers, the rest of the mess just doesn't matter to me.

And that is just like life... for as long as I can be with my family and friends the rest of the crazy universe just isn't that important. That doesn't mean I don't want to be in the universe (Ben and I are going to clear our yard and make it a BIG beautiful garden), it just means that the universe isn't yet the most important thing in our lives. The flowers are.


The Whole Garden

No comments: