Friday, March 27, 2009

Some Funny Stories...


This week, Jack and I left the comfort of Spring and drove from the plains of Alsace up into the wintry hills of the Vosges to visit with a friend. Everything was going well until I started to make my way up her driveway, where there was so much snow that I almost lost control of the car. As the car skidded a little from left to right, I entered a zone where I was more focussed on keeping control of the car than what I was actually saying. Indeed, it was only once I'd calmed down and reentered the normal world that I realised Jack was in the backseat muttering to himself 'oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, oh shit!' Then, when he realised I was listening to him, he said in a high-pitched and rather nervous voice, 'Maman, oh shit, a lot (of snow), car boom? oh shit' ... Needless to say, I calmed down after that, and was soon in the warmth of my friend's house, eating a delightful dinner with her family and catching up!






Last week, as I tucking Jack into bed and wishing him goodnight, he was busy giving Teddy an imaginary bath - turning on the taps, making the noise of the water, rubbing his hands with soap, cleaning Teddy's 'zizi, bum, neck, head..' and, well, you get the picture. He was 'towel' drying his hair as I closed the door....



A couple of days ago, Jack came into the bedroom as I was getting dressed and saw that I was putting on a new blue T-shirt. After looking at me for a moment, he said 'Celà, pas bonne' (That one's not any good) Then he walked over to the cupboard, opened the door, and pulled out a new T-shirt. 'Change.'


Don't you think these are signs that our wee boy's growing up... and that possibly he might just be in need of a little sister to keep in him company?

love n hugs,

Robynxxx



1 comment:

Elisabeth Aiken said...

We must skype!!! I need another round-bellied woman to shar with!

love you all!