Saturday, April 04, 2009

How much does your shopping cost?

Recently, I decided to compare the prices of 5 simple products in 2 of my local supermarkets... and the results are quite dramatic.

Butter - 250g
Shop A = 1.99
Shop B = 0.99
Difference = 1.00

Olive Oil - 1 litre
Shop A = 6.75
Shop B = 5.99
Difference = 0.76

Milk - 1 litre
Shop A = 0.75
Shop B = 0.60
Difference after 10 litres = 1.50

Muesli - 750g
Shop A = 3.69
Shop B = 1.69
Difference = 2.00

Rice - 1kg
Shop A = 1.25
Shop B = 3.10
Difference = 1.85

So, the difference in price for just these 5 items is 7.11 euros.
That's an average of 1.42 per item.

So, here's the question: do you have the time to also find out the cost of these 5 items in your supermarket? You can transfer the prices to euros here. Then, copy my shopping list into the 'Comments' section and add your 'Supermarket America' or 'Supermarket Scotland.'

If you do have the time, it would be interesting to see the results..

Hoping you're all well,
Robyn
ps/Just in case you're wondering - no, there's no dramatic difference in the quality of the products. Each product is the supermarket's 'own brand.' Afterwards, if you would like to do a real comparison (eg: brand to brand/kellogg's cornflakes to kellogg's cornflakes) just let me know :-)

6 comments:

marion said...

can't compare just now WILL do when I come back from hols, Alison, new hubby John, step-grandchildren - 17 & 21 will arrive tomorrow and we are off with Lesley and Murray to family holiday house, boats, hot springs and fun

x-Twins. said...

Hiiii' Robyn =).
An artcile waits you in our blog =D.
The exam happenned good.
You can go to our blog to see the new article =].

Byy, Marion.

robyn said...

Marion,

Wow! I understand why you want to do the comparison later and, all I can say is GO GO GO! Have a fantastic time and know you are in my heart!!
love n hugs to everyone,
Robyn (Ben, Jack, and the little sister/niece to be) xxxxx

Kate said...

Have to do this for some of the Icelandic shops! Will let you know.

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You may , probably very interested to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no initial capital needed You may begin earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The company represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with structures everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

I feel good, I started to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a correct partner who uses your funds in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://upebobepaj.virtue.nu/rytaqys.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Hi there!
I would like to burn a theme at this forum. There is such a nicey, called HYIP, or High Yield Investment Program. It reminds of ponzy-like structure, but in rare cases one may happen to meet a company that really pays up to 2% daily not on invested money, but from real profits.

For quite a long time, I earn money with the help of these programs.
I don't have problems with money now, but there are heights that must be conquered . I get now up to 2G a day , and I started with funny 500 bucks.
Right now, I managed to catch a guaranteed variant to make a sharp rise . Turn to my web site to get additional info.

http://theblogmoney.com