Wednesday, September 28, 2005

scottish dancing

For the last month Benoit and I have been waiting for the Strasbourg Scottish Dancing group to restart for the season. Even still, last night around 7.30pm I thought we were going to miss our first night. Why? Because, although the dancing started at that time, I was still stuck in traffic between Colmar and Molsheim and about to take a wrong turn and so delay things further....

My excellent man, rather than listening to my ranting that we were too late, calmly explained even if we were late, we'd still have the chance to dance and so to experience something different than watching Tuesday night TV.

Little wonder then, I was really pleased when we arrived around 8.30pm and saw we were just as welcome late as early!

Indeed, I must be a nerd because I exclaimed outloud when I saw we were going to dance 'the round reel of eight' and 'wind on loch fyne!' .. and that Ben and I would be just fine with this group.

And, so the night darkened outside as inside a rather sweaty squashcourt the lights shone on groups of ten people quietly counting to themselves, 'one, two, three, four, promenade hold for three, then cast to the right, and set to the side.."

And, so I was happy.

No comments: