Sunday, September 25, 2005

September Sundays

I love lazy Sunday mornings!

I work up at 8am and was so tempted by the clear morning sunshine that I crept through to the living room to listen to Diane Krall's soulful melodies and to finish Virginia Woolf's Mrs Dalloway. Then Ben came through and read quietly beside me. Now we've drunk our respective cups of tea and coffee and are making plans to quietly visit Obernai this afternoon.

The gentleness of the morning is all the kinder, as last night was filled with conversation and good food (chicken cooked in beer; fresh salad with an olive oil and garlic dressing; apple pie with a homemade custurd layer). A work colleague/fellow mountain biker/badminton player came over with his girlfriend and so we talked work, and politics, and travel, and castles, and mythology. Lovely stuff!

Indeed, I think weekends are all the nicer after a busy week of work because one really appreciate the contrast! So, here's to lazy weekends!

regards,
Robynx
ps/still celebrating my gypsy article on http://www.pilotguides.com/community/travel_writers/gypsy_hearts.php

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...because every blog deserves a comment.