Thursday, September 22, 2005

autumn is in the air

You know that tired yet satisfied feeling? Well, I've got it!

The day began early as I drove south through the hills to Saulcy sur Marne. From the warmth of my car, I watched as the chill of the autumn air forced the mist into a silky blanket that rose and fell slightly as the earth breathed into life. And so the milky green of the fields contrasted nicely with the darker green of the background hills...making North Carolina seem all the closer as Shaina Twain and I sang along to her older songs.

Then I arrived at Forexpo for my first day of teaching English to the tree-guys.. though isn't that what I've been doing for the last 7 years? hmm.... Needless to say, it all felt very natural and pleasant.. and especially as I got a free lunch in a 'roadside cafe French style'.. that is, and alongside a bunch of truckers, I tucked first into 'crudities/salad' and then duck/potatoes and the a sweet and juicy creme caramel!

Tonight, I've crashed - as my man in Brussels doing 'European Commission stuff' :-) Alena helped the process as she distracted me from (saved me from) Star Academy and so we chatted - ooh - for 'around an hour' Lovely, lovely, lovely. Google representatives - if you are reading this now, give her that job! She'll save your socks 'cos she's ace!!!

So, with my fingers crossed for Alena, I'll end my noting ZG is now 'APY to know that retirement is around the corner. What am I talking about? My Honda - with her new APY 67 registration plate - is being replaced next Thursday by her friend, our new shiny Voltswagen Golf!!!

Vavavavavoom... so later autumnal or wintery scenes will be accompanied by the quiet hum of heaters and the great knowledge that there are airbags and fancy tyre-stopping technology between me and any road-skidding accident. Phew!

Bye for now,
Robyn

No comments: