Wednesday, February 25, 2009

things, big and small, that make me happy



Big things:

I've got to say that the size of my tummy makes me laugh becomes it seems so enormous given I'm only at a little over 4 months. However, that is not the whole truth.. as I'm also left wondering just what size I'm going to be in 5 months time! Heck, I was this size at maybe 6-7months last time. I guess what they say about your body having a memory is right... the upside is that everything is going so well. The tiredness of the first 3 months has worn off leaving me generally energised - that is when I'm going I'm on fire and when I stop I'm tired and ever-so-slightly grumpy! Ben's looking after me, though, and Jack is all about being independant so that helps. 'Jack fait' (Jack do) is his motto at the moment.. as he takes off his jacket, goes to the potty, and generally as he controls his own wee life.
Small things:
It's daft, but Sunday was a proud day for me .. as I successfully made my first loaf of homemade bread (the one from the day before was not successfully: it was a stone wearing a furry brown coat). And the feminist in me hid away, as I relished the feeling of serving butternut squash soup and homemade bread on a Sunday afternoon.
And so, I hope you are all well.. and that both the big and the small things in life are making you happy today :-)
hugs,
Robynxxx

4 comments:

Kate said...

Glad you are well .. lovely to see a picture of you. Congratulations on the bread and soup .. I don´t think it is incompatible with being feminist is it?

Elisabeth Aiken said...

You look beautiful! Wish we were there to share your goodies. Skype soon? Love you all...

Heather said...

I'm with Kate on the feminism thing. Feminism is all about women choosing whatever they want to do and having the opportunity to do it well. Being an expert at cooking and baking? Awesome skills! I may be biased, though, since I love those activities as well.

robyn said...

I'm smiling, girls. Okay, I used the word 'feminist' too lightly (to make the text sound better?). I think that us girls have got it good as we can choose what we want to do and we can celebrate when we do it well. When I was a teenager, I thought 'being a feminist' meant relinquishing all the cosy comforts of being a housewife. Obviously, I was wrong back then.. as 'being a feminist' means so very little now and just 'being a decent human being who believes in men and women being able to achieve what they want' means so very much! So, excuse me for using 'feminist' so lightly and keep baking those breads and enjoying your lives :-) hugs n kisses, Robynxxxx