Thursday, July 26, 2007

Holidays!


Our summer holidays started tonight - and so first thing tomorrow morning we're off to Les Omergues in Provence for at least 2 weeks of relaxation, family time, and generally all things good and outdoorsy. I just can't wait - and it'll be so fun to see how Jack develops during our time away. This week saw him not only pulling himself to his feet with greater ease but also climbing up the 4 stairs leading to the bathroom and his bedroom. Yep, it's true - he's off and exploring the whole apartment, not just the living room and he often seems to have a set pattern to his travels (almost as though he was making a baby-shaped map in his head). I'd love to know what that map looked like, as I'm sure it'd have little in common with our own adult perceptions. Categories would probably include: things to climb over (our wooden chairs), things to pull on (our books, DVDs, electric cables, sigh..), things to suck (any of his toys or our cushions), things to get lifted up onto (his bike, his chair, our couch), things to slide off (the couch!), and generally places to get into trouble (which is basically everywhere - and his various small bruises prove it). Now we'll just have to wait and see what he thinks of the house, and way of life, in Les Omergues....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Robyn,

Dominique here, a long lost friend. I want to get back in touch, but I don't have an e-mail address for you.
I don't want to post my e-mail address here, so here is a (oh, ever so simple) riddle. It's dom@[my last name].com.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Affectueusement,
Dominique B. (to jog your memory)

Anonymous said...

Hello my dear Robyn
I love the photo of you and Jack. You look just like I do most of the time now. Little Johannes keeps hanging in my hair so I always wear a cloth over my hair, every day so that he can´t pull out more gray hairs hehehhe. It is lovely to see how little Jack is getting bigger and bigger. Johannes is doing really fine, after two surgerys. He has no problems now with his kidneys and is healthy. He is now weighing close to 10 kg so he is really BIG and heavy. Much love to you and your family. Your friend, Gudrun