Wednesday, March 17, 2010

School Days



'Maman, are you happy?' Jack asked me this morning while coming out of his bedroom.


'Yes, it's Wednesday and there's no school so I'm at home with you and Emma,' I replied while cuddling Emma on the couch.


'Why's there no school?' he demanded, now walking down the stairs and towards the table.


'Because in France children go to school only on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday,' I said, not really knowing what else to say.


'Why?' Jack continued, now sitting down at the table.


'To learn things. Your teachers want to teach you things,' I continued, kinda wishing I could have come up with something a bit more profound.


'I'm not learning things, excuse me,' Jack said, quite simply.


'Why?' now it was my turn to question.


'I not like thinking. I not think at school. sorry,' Jack reached for his breakfast bowl, looking less sorry than his rely might imply. 'Can I have some breakfast?'


And so he had his breakfast and so life went on with itself, just with a little less thought...


hoping you're having a more thoughtful day than Jack!

love n hugs,

Robynxxxx

2 comments:

GSJAK said...

Hi Robyn
I just wanted to sign for my visit :) I always read your blog and LOVE it. Just don´t have the time to write in the guestbook always :) Your children are so beautiful and look so happy :) Much love from Iceland. Gudrun

Robyn Shaw Cnockaert said...

Ah Gunna, thank you. Time. That's a word with so much meaning at the moment. I'm writing these words as the clock ticks past midnight and I swear I still have things to do before bed calls.. and yet I still haven't had time to do all I wanted today! Know, though, that your words have touched me and that I always have time to think of you. LOVE and hugs, Robynxxxx