Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Six Weeks Old Today!


Here's our little monkey growing into a big monkey.
She was born weighing 2.8kgs (6.17lbs) but now wieghs 4.2kgs (9.2lbs) and she has grown from 47cms to become 52cms long.
Such dramatic changes are very reassuring for me, as there is just more of her to handle and less of her to break. I have to say, though, that she's being a very 'easy baby' so far as she continues to eat and sleep and generally be happy about her little life. Ask her how she feels and she'll say 'heureux,' *which means happy in French.* And me how I feel, and I'll say much the same as she hasn't yet given us one real moment of concern and we haven't yet walked the floor boards at night to help her to sleep.
As, no doubt, that will change... I plan to celebrate the moment and not to worry about the future (tears and worries and nightly floorboard walking).
And so, whereever you are, I hope you are celebrating the moment and not worrying about the future!
much love,
Robynxxx
* Okay, so she more likely say 'urrrr' but one can imagine that she's saying 'heureux'
**Though, of course, we really need to teach her to say 'heureuse' which is the feminine form of the word! That'll come later... much later!

No comments: