Sunday, August 12, 2007

Visions of home

Traveling as we have done in the last few months, I've realised how much the landscape dictates 'who I am' at that moment. So, I've collected pictures from each of the places I have the honour of calling home. You'll immediately see the similarities that bind all four: the open land and the wide skies, the potential to walk, and the need to be outdoors!


Here's the view from the veranda in Cagnes sur mer in the south of France. The planes are carrying firefights to a local forest fire. The photo was taken just two days ago:





This is a photo of Les Omergues, taken just last week from the hill above the village in Provence, France:




This photo was taken last December from the vineyards that lie above Mutzig in Alsace, France:


Then, here's a photo which was taken in May overlooking New Deer, the village where my parents live and where I grew up in the Northeast of Scotland:


And then there are all the parts of the world which are important to me - but there just isn't space for me to record them all here!






2 comments:

one billion daleks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
one billion daleks said...

Hello Robyn,

As advised a few days ago, a response to your post on Melanie's blog is now available, located at

http://robyngp.blogspot.com/

The webpage is configured as outside the public domain.

Thank Q!