Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Strasbourg


In the tradition of all things Alsatian, this weekend was spent eating and drinking!

On Saturday we met the family in a brasserie in Strasbourg and tucked into the likes of tarte flambé (pizza like thing with cheese, cream, and lardons) and choucroute (cabbage and ham/am still learning how to spell it!) ; all the while, washing down a rather large amount of beer.

Yep, I could get used to this way of life!

Did I tell you that I drink a small glass of Kronenbourg beer each morning around 7.30pm and each evening around 6.30pm? No, then I didn't mention that I drive past the Kron. factory and that the wafts of beer pour themselves into my car each time!

Anyhoo, it was lovely to spend Saturday with 'the crowd' walking around Strasbourg and enjoying the sites... and to see juwt how fast Antoine and Charlotte are becoming little, delightful people.

No comments: