Wednesday, October 26, 2011

October Holidays!




Hello there,

Some of you might be wondering if I've stopped this blog.... but, no! It's not true! It's just that the days are so busy that I just don't have time to scribble down the details (at least, that's how it feels at the moment).

Stop shaking your heads... I'm not being slack, honest. The days really are that busy. Let me explain...

To start with, we've sold our apartment and so we're in the midst of packing up our things and getting things ready for the BIG move.....

Next door!

What? Yes, we're moving into the apartment next door... or, rather, across the wall. That is, we're going to rent the apartment which is located at the other side of Jack's bedroom wall until....

The old (read: 1759) house that we're in the process of buying in Molsheim is renovated... or, at least, is in a fit state for us to live in safely and happily. I'll tell you more about that 'project' once all the paperwork is finalised, as I don't want to jinx anything.

In the meantime, life continues at its usual hectic speed!

For instance, can you believe that Jack will be 5 in just a few days time? I can remember writing the blog announcing his birth as though it were yesterday and so I can hardly believe our big kid really will be, officially, big. And not just big, grand too. For I continue to adore him in all his proud and joyous daftness. The best thing is that he's (finally) discovering Emma as a friend and not 'just' as a little sister. Of course, what that really means is that he's discovered that he can boss her around and position her as his 'underling' in all things game and play.

Emma, though, doesn't care... as she loves feeling BIG, too. She loves dressing herself, going to the loo, and generally being Emma. She so different (and yet also somehow similar) to Jack. She goes to bed with 2 babydolls, 1 talking doll, Noddy, Lala, and an armful of other teddies and toys. She can spend an afternoon dressing them up and feeding them... but is equally happy playing with Flash McQueen as Jack plays out life in Radiator Springs (from the film Cars). Emma's sitting beside me now, colouring in a 'beha' (bear), as Jack watches Tinkerbell on TV. The fire's on and the trees outside the window are as orange and brown as the flames licking the charred wood that's warming us all on this cold, clear day.

Later on today we'll go for a walk... or, at least, I'll walk while Emma and Jack take their bikes. We have time for such fun this Wednesday because we're on school holidays (myself like the kids) and, goodness, it feels good to forget the alarm clocks and packed lunches for a week or two!

So, wherever you are in the world, I hope you're doing well and that your days are as busy and as rich when you want them to be and calm and quiet when you're ready for a bit of rest!
hugs,
Robynxxxxx









3 comments:

scottydog said...

Hi Robyn,
Your life does sound very busy - good luck with the move and with getting all the other paperwork signed too.
It was brilliant catching up with the grown up you and the rest of the family this summer - we loved it!
Hope Benoir was not too distraught at the All Blacks squeaking a win over France on Sunday! The whole of NZ was holding its breath until the final whistle blew and we knew that the 1 point lead was enough to give us the win : )
Kisses to all,
Lesley in NZ

GSJAK said...

Hello my dear Robyn
It has been a while since I read your blog and gosh... I love it :) Thanks for continuing writing and giving us an insight into your life. I nod my head all the time reading your blog because our lives are soooo similar. With the children and upbringing :) So much fun, so much joy, every day is an adventure and of course we have hard days too :) Love and miss you and send my regards to Benoit :). Love, Gudrun

Marionz said...

your 'new' house will be older than NZ lol. what great photos of Jack and Emma, so sad I did not see uyou in Scotland. I do miss 'history' and autumn, looking forward to many more blogs