Friday, January 15, 2010

V


Jack's learning his alphabet and how to draw objects. Great stuff, right? Well, it should be except it reveals a little more of the world that's inside Jack's crazy head. Take this morning, for example:

Drawing on a piece of paper, Jack said 'ça, c'est le 'V' de vendredi' (that's the V of vendredi/Friday).
'Wow, well done Jack. I'm really impressed,' I said, really impressed.
'And that's a big bum of Mother Hubbard,' he added while drawing a big bum-like semi-circle.
(Nervous laugh) 'Oh, you mean like Mother Hubbard in the book Each Peach Pear Plum?'
'Mais oui, bien sûr!'he replied.
And me, well I couldn't say much for, indeed, his drawing (his first human drawing no less) did indeed resemble the big bum of Mother Hubbard, who is sitting in her yellow dress on the left side of this picture which is taken from the classic, Each Peach, Pear, Plum.'
I mean, heck, at least.... well, you can finish my sentence!

Hoping your bum doesn't look that big,
Robynxxxx

No comments: