Monday, November 16, 2009

A week in Provence


Back in August, Ben suggested that we spend a week in October in Les Omergues, Provence. His folks have their second house there - they bought the house as a near ruin 25 years ago and have spent every summer ever since renovating it. When Ben made his suggestion, I thought he was daft. 'Provence? In October? Emma will only be 3 months old. It's 7hours drive away. It'll be cold and wet (and miserable). No way.' Then he talked me into it....


and, my goodness, I'm glad he did.


We went with 2 dear friends and their 3 year old daughter and had such a lovely outdoorsy time. The weather was wonderful: 19*C/66.2F and sunny, sunny, sunny. We went for walks and talks. We roasted chestnuts by the fire. We had long lazy siestas on the porch. We watched the kids running, playing, laughing in the open air. It was just grand.
And now there are only a few weeks left until the Christmas holidays.
I like life - and I hope you do too, wherever in the world you are just now!
hugs,
Robyn


1 comment:

marion said...

so glad you had such wonderful break, the colours must have been changing as well