Wednesday, August 12, 2009

15 days


Okay, so we have a normal baby afterall. One that doesn't systematically 'do' her nights but instead sometimes sleeps for 5 hours and sometimes sleeps for an hour and a half. I thought I'd given birth to a miracle baby. It's not the case but I'll love her all the same!
The really good news is she's doing just grand and when she opens her eyes and looks around she's the funniest of wee things :-)
And so the days keep ticking by... and the shock of being a 'two kid' mum is beginning to hit (How will I ever manage to go shopping again? Not glamourous shopping but basic shopping. With TWO kids. Will I ever be able to shower on a regular basis again? As soon as Jack gets up, Emma starts to open her eyes and so I'm busy until lunchtime? I look and smell terrible but, as Ben's at work at the moment and Emma and Jack clearly don't care...well, you know, there are better things I can do with my time!).
I reckon it'll take some getting used to! At least, Jack's on fine form - he's just told me the washing machine has finished because it's just finished making a noise). I guess that's my cue to get on with other things.
But, I hope wherever you are that this wee message finds you safe and well (and cleaner than me!).
Hugs,
Robynxxxx

3 comments:

Miz Melly said...

oh my goodness, she's just completely gorgeous!!!! glad to hear you're doing a great job - go go Robyn!!!
xxxxx

Heather said...

Congratulations, Robyn! She's beautiful! Miracle babies that sleep through the night from birth would be so wonderful. But healthy babies that wake all the time and squeal are just as good. The nights will come. The "mom to 2" gig gets easier when you're getting more sleep. the balancing won't seem as daunting then. And then one day you'll wake up and realize you have it down pat.

GSJAK said...

Hello Robyn and Benoit. Congratulations on your little beautiful daughter. Wow, she is so so beautiful. It is good to hear that she is healthy and that Jack is happy with his little sister :) Regarding getting used to having two kids... you will get used to it - believe me. It all takes time and you will take them shopping all by yourself - with both of them :) I think of you and hope that everything cools down soon :). Much love, Gudrun