Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Travelling Days are Here

I'm sorry I've sacked off writing anything recently but I have a good excuse: Ben, Jack and I are in the States, travelling through North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida. Right now, we're in Asheville, North Carolina.

If you're reading this blog from any of the northern or western states that know I really am sorry that I either haven't told you I'm here or that I haven't taken the time to come visit. This touring holiday really is about catching up with old WCU friends as the trip started with Leah and Joel's wedding. Trust me, though, I wish we had the energy and the gas to come and see y'all!!

Today we went out for a hike to Max's Patch - if you've the time, google images of 'Max Patch NC' and you'll see that this fantastic crown of land sticks, like a bald man's head, up over the sea of blue that is the blue ridge mountains! It was a really cool walk, especially as our heads are full of happy memories of all the people and places we've visited during this last week in NC and SC in Inman, Lake Junaluska, in Sylva, in Cullowhee and now here in Asheville.

It's lovely to be back to one of our 'homes,' for this was where our hearts resided for so many years.

hug,
Robyn

No comments: