Thursday, July 17, 2008

Shoes and Booze


Although Jack wanders about the place muttering from time to time words in French - Voilà, il y a, où est Papa?, Dodo - and although he seems to understand everything I say to him in English - your toys are in your bag, put the pen on the table and then give Papy a hug - he hadn't yet said anything in English.


That changed this morning. I was sitting barefoot on the stairs, getting my bag ready for work. Jack ambled up and handed me one of my sandals. 'Shoes,' he said, before wandering off to bring me the second one: shoes.
:-)

2 comments:

GSJAK said...

CUTE :) it is so much fun when they start talking to us :) Johannes says uses the word "Mamma" for everything. Mamma means food, milk, toy, dad, Asdis, practically everything :) Then he says "já" (yes) all the time and he understands soooo many words. We have so much time talking to him. Then our older one pretends to be a baby because she wants to be a baby like her brother. Hugs to you all with your shoes and booze :) love, Gudrun

Miz Melly said...

I've been thinking about you such a lot lately but haven't had a good moment to sit down and chat or skype. It's been a bit mental these last few weeks. All good though. Love this post. That's so lovely that he's starting to talk! You're so lucky to have a bilingual baby x