Saturday, November 03, 2007

Rocks



Taking advantage of a day's holiday, Ben, Jack and I took a short drive to Dieffenthal and then a walk around the 'Circuit des Roches.'
This walk took us past 6 grantite rocks which are oddly located in the midst of vineyards, far from their cousins higher up the hillside. History has accorded them rich meaning and names, like Hansel & Gretel and Wolfskirche.
The rocks in the pictures are the 'Roches des Celtes' where, according to legend, women publically gave birth . All I can say? Rather them than me, as there's a chill wind that blows up from the plain!
The perspective is lovely, though, because with the Vosges as backdrop you have a grand view over the valley towards Colmar, Frieburg, and the Black Forest.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello my dear Robyn
It has been a while since I commentend on your blog. I have been reading and I love reading your blog :) I love to see those pictures of beautiful Jack. He is getting so big, and soon he will turn ONE :) Unbelievable. Yes, time flies but thank God we don´t forget our friends. Don´t stop writing. I love reading ;) Hugs and Kisses to the two men in your life. Much love, Gudrun