Monday, October 22, 2007

Winter is coming


Winter is coming... my fingers have that chill to them as I write that encourages me to stop and to rub my hands together. It's not even that cold in here - the fire's on and it's old 9am so the place is comfortably cosy - but the idea that outside it's 0* and cold and damp makes me want to feel cosier that ever! We've had a lovely week because, although Ben and I are still busy with work, coming home to Jack is such a delight. He's learned to clamber onto the couch by pulling on our clothes and loves pointing at things (plants, pictures on the wall, things he knows we'll take him to touch). He also always talking in 'scribble' (thanks Melanie and Claire), telling us about his days and belingering the passing of the days!

We've also just had a great weekend - as I went to a spa and we all visited an island.. but more of that later.. as I have to go and give Jack his breakfast!

1 comment:

Kate said...

It is lovely reading about your life and how you and Jack are. The spa sounds delightful and there is something really warming about reading about you rubbing your hands together at the coming of winter... I like hearing of the spread of winter across the world.. the snow here has melted but we are due for another freeze this week. Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog. I want to find time to write more and after a bit of a rush this week I should be back to normal.. with pictures of the snow.