Sunday, January 15, 2006

Snowy Walks


My friend Jane who has recently moved to the Ukraine just posted some snowy pictures on her blog. Not to be outdone, I thought I'd do the same!

As the temperature gauges read -5°C, I donned my thick socks and woolly scarf for a wintry walk through the local vineyards.

As the snow crunched underfoot, a kestrel circled overheaded and the distant sounds of children playing with their dog echoed all around. It was really lovely, as all the trees had frozen into place and so any colour or movement became really bright and important.

All the same, the nicest thing of all was to come back home and to settle down with some warm milk and a slice of Ben's homemade ham and nut bread!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful. I love the trees when they're frost covered like that. By the way, you are colder than we are just now - it's only -2 here today! (-15 forecast for this week though...)

Miz Melly said...

At last a blog from Madame Cnockaert! Lovely to see your photos. Hmmm, I wouldn't mind the snow here. It would be preferable to the damp. But yesterday it didn't start getting dark until 5pm which was really exciting - it's been sooooo dark here.

Really looking forward to going south with the film in two weeks.

love
Melanie

robyn said...

Hello Melanie and Jane,

Thanks for saying hello.. and I promise I'll try to keep my blog as uptodate as possible, because I love logging into your blogs/your lives and so should return the favour!

Good luck, both of you, with your projects.. and remember - if life is challenging it's because you're standing up and asking to be heard :-)